The Longevity Thesis Book Video

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Podcast Up!!!

It was waaaaayyy harder than I imagined, but the very first podcast episode of The Longevity Thesis is up!!!!! It can be found at:

http://jrahn.podshow.com

I did have fun amidst all the frustrated swearing, but in the end, I'm quite pleased with the result. I had the music recorded last summer when the promo vid was made, but I still had to read the chapters and record that, edit out all the goof ups, and put in some promo spots for friends. Cellist Aurealis has agreed to play some more Tchaikovsky for me, this time on the cello instead of a keyboard. It's gonna be awesome!!!

For those who are interested, the sound recording and editing was done using a free linux-based program called Audacity (have I mentioned before my unending love of all things open source?) and later on, Justyn, the EDGE marketing manager pointed me towards a nifty little program called the Levelator to smooth out the sound levels.

Now I'm too tired to blink, but still raring to make the next one!!

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hi Jennifer. I'm a good friend of Nina, and decided to check out your super blog.

Jennifer Rahn said...

Thank you, Captain. I've long been an admirer of your career. Too bad you never took on the Suliban. They'd have been nuked in one episode.